Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer Alternatives Issues, problems opening files in them..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zandicot

Zandicot

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Have an issue with Windows Explorer Alternatives (Double Commander, 2xEplorer & FreeCommander)
getting the Right Mouse Options to appear after highlighting a file & clicking, can take about
10 Seconds on average for options to appear, if at all as it seems to time out.

Also when opening a file, double clicking say, an Mp3 or Pic File it to can take about 10 seconds
to open, if at all.

Folders & Exe Files cause no issues & options are instantly available as normal with them.
The problems occour when trying to open Mp3,Text & Picture Files.I have a couple of programs
on Right Mouse options to edit or delete files etc.

The kicker is that when I use Windows Explorer all things work fine, no issues. I can
use this at the moment to do work but miss the other programs advantages & am having
to switch between them.

I Have loadsa a space on my drive & plenty of Ram.I Defrag Regularly & run Various Malware
programs to check files.Anti Virus is up to date etc.

Can anyone help with this unusual problem??

Running Windows XP with SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zandicot

Zandicot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

SORTED!!!!

As I Run Zonealarm Free on this computer I have just noticed that the free Anti-Virus package
that comes with it was activating itself & this was causing the issue in the Windows Explorer
Alternatives ONLY!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users