Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen capture issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I do a lot of screen captures mostly using Vdub to move frame by frame when I want a screencap.  I don't get any problem with vdub but when I use other programs like MPC HC or sometimes even in WMP, the size dimensions sometimes gets captured with the image like this:
2mwcwba.jpg
286xpop.jpg

It gets quite annoying because I have to recapture the frame again and try different techniques to get it without the box or size dimensions showing up in the capture.

I'm using Corel PSP x4 to do my screen captures.  Any ideas how to capture clearly without those box dimensions getting in the way?  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

Here is also a video i posted to show what i mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlu-7oto-4w&feature=youtu.be

#3 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Well I did a little searching around for a dedicated screen capture program that meets my needs and one that works really well is called SnapShot.  It's free and so far as I've tested it out, it's really good.

Basically all i have to do is press the hotkey "R" and i can begin to drag mouse click to any size box i want to capture.  Once I let go of the mouse click, it automatically saves the captured image into a file (you choose where the saved files should go), and that's it.  There's no outline box or size dimensions that get captured.  It also allows me to keep the program minimized after a screen capture so that I can take multiple/consecutive screencaps.  It plays a simple "camera click" sound effect to indicate you took a snap.  You can actually choose your own wav file and swap it to have a custom sound effect each time u take a screen cap.

The only downside is while doing multiple captures, i still have to press hotkey "R" each time before taking the snap.  PSP just lets you keep on taking captures over and over without any hotkeys.  But what I like about it is that it auto saves the file immediately so it saves me from having to save all 200 screencaps at the end.

But most of all, there's no issue with laggy frame borders or size dimensions in the middle (I used MPC HC and worked fine there).

I guess this will be my workaround to resolve the screen cap issue with Corel PSP.  Of course, I'll still use PSP to do any post editing of the saved screen caps i took from SnapShot.  

Hope this helps anyone who has gone through the same "outline/frame box and size dimensions showing up in screen caps" issue.

#4 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

cornflakes2

Can you tell us what operating system you are using?

Edited by GB2064, 03 November 2013 - 12:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users