Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone Security

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 adamnovak13

adamnovak13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Has anyone used Lookout.com? It seemed kind of interesting, being antivirus, backup, and lost phone finder all in one. Just wondering if anyone had any opinions,etc

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Has anyone used Lookout.com? It seemed kind of interesting, being antivirus, backup, and lost phone finder all in one. Just wondering if anyone had any opinions,etc

Thanks,

For Apple devices I don't see the point. What  does it say it does for iOS?......

It tells you if your iOS is out of date - The information is there in "settings" anyway - it may not be quite as in your face, but I don't see the need a separate app to tell me.

Tells you if your iPhone is Jailbroken ...... I think that you'd remember doing that!

Tells you which apps are using your location..... iOS7 tells you that anyway.

Locate missing iPhone - Find my iPhone does that , and iOS7 can lock down down the settings that keep find my iPhone working so that a thief cannot disable them.

So that leaves over the air bakup as the one possible benefit. Anyone heard of iCloud? (ok it might not be as point in time as this app, but do you need that )?

hmmm........

Edited by x64, 29 October 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#3 roll

roll

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

Well well well  I'd like to check this site out

:clapping:

Thanks,

For Apple devices I don't see the point. What  does it say it does for iOS?......

It tells you if your iOS is out of date - The information is there in "settings" anyway - it may not be quite as in your face, but I don't see the need a separate app to tell me.

Tells you if your iPhone is Jailbroken ...... I think that you'd remember doing that!

Tells you which apps are using your location..... iOS7 tells you that anyway.

Locate missing iPhone - Find my iPhone does that , and iOS7 can lock down down the settings that keep find my iPhone working so that a thief cannot disable them.

So that leaves over the air bakup as the one possible benefit. Anyone heard of iCloud? (ok it might not be as point in time as this app, but do you need that )?

hmmm........

#4 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

'Thousands of iPhone, iPad apps' vulnerable to simple redirect joyriders. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/29/thousands_of_ios_apps_left_wide_open_to_redirection/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#5 Sameerbakhtzamin

Sameerbakhtzamin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

Friends please help me I forgot iPhone paswoad as well as secret ans now when I upgrade my apps it ask for iPhone I'd how I remove the old I'd and give the new one please Help me!!!!

#6 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Friends please help me I forgot iPhone paswoad as well as secret ans now when I upgrade my apps it ask for iPhone I'd how I remove the old I'd and give the new one please Help me!!!!

Unfortunately, you won't get an answer as it's against forum rules.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#7 roll

roll

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Start a new thread please. You can't hijack other's thread like this to get an answer. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users