Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading my graphics card - will it work with my PC?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doooom

Doooom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hey, I am probably going to be buying a GTX 660 to replace my old AMD 6670, but I'm not sure if it will run/fit in my computer.

It is an ADVENT DT2410.

The specs are (if you need more then ask and I'll try and post them):

Windows 8

Intel Core i5-3330

8GB RAM

450W PSU

It can handle an AMD 6670, so it has at least PCI Express, with a x16 lane graphics slot (don't know what that means)

I will add a picture of the inside soon

Here is the amd 6670 website: http://www.amd.com/uk/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6670/pages/amd-radeon-hd-6670-overview.aspx#3

And here is the GTX 660 website: http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-660/specifications

If you could tell me if my computer meets the requirements then that would be great.

EDIT: I also heard it might not work due to Windows 8 having UEFI which some cards don't support.

Edited by Doooom, 25 October 2013 - 11:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Doooom

Doooom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

40 views and no replies? A little help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,058 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

pci slot isn't a problem for the most part as they are very adaptable back and forth, what may be a problem is the extra connections that the 660 will need from the power supply. chances are that the 660 will need a 6pin connection from the power supply.  can you put up the specs for your power supply, especially your 12 volt rail amperage? if the amperage is over 50, then you should enjoy your new 660 in a seamless manner.

also, be sure to use a driver cleaning utility to wipe clean the remnant drivers from the old card, i think BC has a few in the download section.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users