Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my mouse pointer keeps moving around and opening up windows media player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 solarflare

solarflare

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

Hi guys the other day my mouse pointer stated moving all over the place, I immediately disconnected the Internet thinking I was being remote accessed or something but it kept happening. It also disconnects my Windows firewall when I I keep checking it.

I have run malware bytes in safe mode and I am now running super malware bytes to see if that helps in safe mode. When I power up it seems ok for a while and then it starts again. When it moves and clicks it has a blue circle click point which is not normal mouse operation.

Any ideas what this could be and what I should be looking for in the system 32 files?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Hello -
I have run malware bytes in safe mode <= Please note {almost useless}

Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware should be run in normal mode when you can as it is not designed that way. You would get a read-out, but in Safe mode all programs and features are not available to be scanned.

When it moves and clicks it has a blue circle click point which is not normal mouse operation <= This is very normal if you press the mouse wheel down by accident. Also the wheel can be located off center that will create the same effect.

I can create the same effect while just sitting and playing here.

The pointer will not "float all over the page" but it wil move the page, and the pointer up and down.

Is your mouse a bit old or a bit stiff in its actions. Please try to hold the scroller down at random times, move the mouse pad, and try to recreate the same problems.

Also try this with another mouse .........

Thank You -

#3 solarflare

solarflare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Hi thanks for the reply, ok I will run malware bytes in normal mode.yes it appears as a kind of blue pebble hitting the water kind of thing. My mouse is pretty good actually. It's a Logitech wireless mouse and never gives me any issues usually. I have two for both of my computers.

I am running windows 7
64 bit
32 gig ram
2.7 ghz Intel core 7
Dell m6600

Also the mouse does not have the ability to click the wheel, you can switch between a free wheel for scrolling quickly down large documents or a ratchet mode for slower scrolling. For holding the mouse wheel button there is an alternative button on the side that mimics this.

Thanks

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

or a ratchet mode for slower scrolling

It is in this mode that I can produce the moving "pointer on the screen" action

But if you do have the option to use another mouse it may help.

Thanks -

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

Hello -

Have you tested another mouse or put it on a mouse-pad to see the results yet ?

Failing this, can you open Control Panel, and just go back over your mouse settings -

It also disconnects my Windows firewall <=This I am unable to explain

First check -

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 27 October 2013 - 02:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users