Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 guitarman77

guitarman77

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Greetings, 

This issues has just started 2 days ago.

My computer will not boot up, every time i try to turn it on the fan will turn on and so will the small light on the computer indicating that the computer is on but there is no image on the screen and the keyboard and mouse do not light up. I have tried disconnecting all of the cables and reconnecting but nothing occurs. Just before this started happening I got the following message upon booting my computer:

CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter Setup

Please help 

Edited by guitarman77, 24 October 2013 - 09:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Guy With No Ears

The Guy With No Ears

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Google suggests that you should reinitialize the BIOS. If that doesn't work, replace the BIOS battery.

I take it you tried that already?

#3 guitarman77

guitarman77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Google suggests that you should reinitialize the BIOS. If that doesn't work, replace the BIOS battery.

I take it you tried that already?

Thanks for the response, I have reinitialized the BIOS but no luck, I will replace the BIOS battery and post an update after, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users