Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server 2003 Graphics Issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rn10950

rn10950

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

A few days ago I restarted my server, it may have installed a few updates, but after it started it looked really off. The drop shadows are not showing even though they're enabled, MS Office 07 and Frontpage 03 look like something from the 90s, and IE is displaying fonts and colors strange. The theming service is active and "Windows XP" theme is enabled. I'm trying to test in IE and everything is distorted. (Chrome and Adobe CS6 work fine) How do I fix this?

IE6.jpg

dropshadows.jpg

Office07.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 rn10950

rn10950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/lsu8VUoWsH4nJ1dEzt0Elpv

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

Have you tried lowering your resultion to see if the display issues go away?  Also do you allow anti-aliasing for your fonts in the Display Properties?

#5 rn10950

rn10950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I have tried lowering resolution and it had no effect. I do have CearType  enabled, but I have disabled it and changed to standard and neither had any effect. I performed a repair install (In Place Upgrade) figuring that will fix the problem, but the system is exactly the same as it was before. I doubt it has anything to do with the resolution or HW support, as this problem developed a few weeks ago and it has worked fine before that. IE and Firefox don't display background colors at all and the font/color rendering is off by a lot.

As a benchmark, I took a screenshot of Google in IE on a working copy of XP: 

googleie6.jpg

#6 rn10950

rn10950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

I fixed it. For anyone else: I was trying to Print Screen a window and accidentally pressed SHIFT+ALT+PRTSCN instead of ALT+PRTSCN. This just fixed all of my graphics issues in every program.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

I will have to research what that key combo does. Thanks for posting back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users