Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I 'click' in Device manager w/o a mouse?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mac29

Mac29

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I know if my mouse is not working I can use the Windows key, enter key and arrow keys to navigate to Control Panel's Device Manger. Then tab and enter will open it. But once in Device Manager I can arrow down to usb controllers and hubs but I can't open it; enter only opens a Properties tab that doesn't give much information.

Anyone know how to open usb controllers and hubs w/o a mouse? Not sure if these steps & solution differ in XP. Seems easier than turning on the 'handicap' function for the numeric keypad.

Thanks,

Mac

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Try holding shift and pressing the right key

EDIT - Just figured out it's just pressing the left/right keys. This opens and closes it.

Edited by Darktune, 24 October 2013 - 07:13 PM.

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 roll

roll

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Try this:

Windows key>type mmc devmgmt.msc > press Enter>click Tab and arrow key to select

#4 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Pressing Tab brings your Cursor all over the page from top to bottom. Its a slow and tedious method but you can press TAB and follow down the page (along with using your arrow keys) to navigate the page w/o the mouse.   :)

Moderator Edit: Removed Link

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 27 October 2013 - 11:57 AM.

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users