Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tenda 300mbps W322P wireless adaptor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 twistedhelix

twistedhelix

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Okay, it is now gone midnight, and I have been working on this since 6pm, and I am now just pissed off.

According to most reviews this adaptor should be able to reach Hubble and download at wicked fast speeds. Everywhere I look people seem to rave about its signal strength and distance capabilities.

I am getting poor signal strength with the antennae LITERALLY touching the router. Any further than 3ft and bang, no signal.

Drivers make it worse, and the software is atrocious and reminds me of the 90's!!! (not sure whether to bring tears of joy or sadness here)

I have tried all the different channels, I have tried changing my router settings. I have tried many things, but I am sure there are much more technical people here than me.

Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

To me it is cheap chinese tat, but all the reviews rate it very well...

I won't be buying Tenda again...

Can anyone recommend a decent wireless adaptor that can travel...20ft through walls and ceilings? I want my router in my living room, and the PC in the media room very much upstairs and diagonally away from the lounge...Id approximate 20ft. My laptop wireless card gets "excellent" signal at these distances so it can be done....

Thank you to anyone who can stop me pulling out my limited amount of hair.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

twistedhelix, what router are you using?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 twistedhelix

twistedhelix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

It is one of virgin medias. Not sure on exact model...

I have removed all antivirus software and it hasn't had an effect. Windows firewall isn't stopping anything either.
I am using windows 7 64 bit. I believe SP1

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'm not sure what is going on. I assume you have completely(physically) uninstalled the card and software, rebooted and re-installed everything with no joy? Uninstalled the software and tried a different driver? Not installing all the software just the driver? 

I read a few reviews about your device and some said it was great, while others saying it sucked. 

Just curious, the laptop that works: is it using N or G? are you trying it in the same spot as the PC and adapter? 

If you've reach the end of trying, I've been there, I can't recommend a specific adapter but I'd get a USB for ease of installation.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 twistedhelix

twistedhelix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

I am using the PC in close proximity to the laptop yes. The laptops wireless seems unaffected at this point which I am very glad about.The laptop is using N, but only gets 144mbps on the dot all the time. This I am not too fussed with as I don't network my computers to share. I just want multiple computers internet capable, and 144mbps does that. I only have a 30mbps internet connection so unless I am confused, I only need 30mbps? the 26mbps setting does now get me 2MB/s download speeds, and 3 is my max. However keeping it at 26mbps is impossible, it spikes randomly to it and then goes back to 1mbps lol

I have installed just the driver, driver and software, and no drivers work best lol. I can now get 2 bars an 26mbps without any drivers or software that was given on purchase. The websites driver didn't work either in the end.

I haven't physically removed the card yet but I will try that next. I have today bought a USB wifi N adaptor which advertises 150mbps, which is much more than I need. So long as it gets 30mbps (I can even live with 26mbps) with the router downstairs I am happy.

Bought a TL-WN725N nano adaptor.

I have noticed most of these things get double edged review scores. 5/5 or 1/5. Rarely am I seeing 2.5/5 review score consistency on any adaptor lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users