Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant boot win 7..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tmorales509

tmorales509

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

ok so i messed something up and dont know how to fix it. so heres what i did i have a desktop with win 7, i been trying to fix this netbook which dont havea cd drive so what i did was put the hdd in my desktop and formatted and reinstalled xp from there, i also had another hdd and did the same thing. now when i start my pc it gives me options on which os to start however it only gives me 2 options to pick win xp pro and win xp pro, no win 7 option.  went into bios and my hdd is recognized and i set it to boot from that hdd but it still trys to boot those xp os as if it ia trying to boot from the 2 hddds i put.in there. i put one of the hddds back in and it booted to xp fine and it also shows my hdd with win 7 in my computer. so i went to advanced startup options to selext my default os but it stilll just shows the xp onesn how can i fix this i know win 7 is still in tact on my pc hdd but its like it wont boot to it for some reason. sorry if i mispelled some stuff im typing on my phone...thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tmorales509

tmorales509
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

ok i got it to boot from that hdd but now it just says windows cannot start because of a computer disk.hardware configuration problem

#3 tmorales509

tmorales509
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Problem solved, just had to boot from a win 7 disc and do a repair startup.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users