Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 ntoskrnl.exe+75129 BSOD

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AndreG28

AndreG28

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hey Everyone,

I've been having BSODs now for quite some time, and figured I might be able to get some help on here.

Below are the requested report files

Minidump + minitoolbox report

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z681hd19piddziq/Minidump.zip

Speccy Report

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/7ivWUGbK4bpBJv3VfyvxNKa

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Phenom%20II%20X6%201100T%20Black%20Edition%20-%20HDE00ZFBK6DGR%20(HDE00ZFBGRBOX).html

CPU is overheating.

Moved to Internal Hardware for advice.

Louis

#3 AndreG28

AndreG28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

That's what I had recently been told was a possibility today as well. Do you know of what I could do to possibly lower the temperature to a safe level? One recommendation I found was apply Thermal compound and see how that helps, but another source was saying that Thermal compound shouldn't need to be replaced for a long, long time.

Thanks again for the response!

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hi

Yes, your CPU is clearly overheating. I suspect your CPU is overclocked and that is the real reason behind it.

Core 0
Core Speed: 3840.9 MHz
Multiplier: x 16.5
Bus Speed: 232.8 MHz
Rated Bus Speed: 2095.0 MHz
Temperature: 64 °C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 0
Core 1
Temperature: 63 °C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 1
Core 2
Thread 1
APIC ID: 2
Core 3
Thread 1
APIC ID: 3
Core 4

Phenom II X6 1100T is supposed to operate at 3300 Mhz with a  max turbo frequency of 3700 Mhz. Current frequency is 3840 So whether intentional or non intentional, CPU is running overclocked. First logical step in BSOD troubleshooting is to revert any frequency or voltage tuning to it's default values. Please follow the below steps.

:step1: If the OC is intentional, you know how to revert it. Otherwise enter BIOS setup and load "Optimized default values" and reboot.

:step2: Play some HD videos continuously and watch the CPU temp with Speccy. If it is not overheating, we are good. Otherwise replacing the CPU thermal compound and cleaning the system interior is necessary.

Post your findings with next reply.

#5 AndreG28

AndreG28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Returned the CPU back to target 3300 MHZ and is currently running ~3330 MHZ. The CPU temp was still sitting ~56, 57 degrees C, and shot up to ~62, 63 after playing a game for about 5-10 minutes

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hi

You should remove the old thermal compound and reapply a good quality one like Arctic silver. Please watch the below excellent video tutorial for detailed instructions.

Did you experience more BSOD after disabling the OC ? . Whether the BSOD is caused by OC or not, it is totally unnecessary to play games. You won't gain a single FPS by overclocking the CPU as your current CPU is more than powerful to play all today's games at stock clock speed. If you want more performance in games, i highly recommend upgrading your current graphic card. A GT640 is okay for casual gaming but it will struggle to play games in pure HD resolution.

#7 AndreG28

AndreG28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

I was planning on getting some from back home over the weekend, but can't remember the name of the compound that we have there, I'll definitely check out the Arctic Silver though.

and to be honest, I'm not exactly sure how my CPU became overclocked that way. I haven't ever really messed with it as far as I can remember.

I'll let you know how everything turns out once I've gotten to it all though.

Thanks again for all the help. Very much appreciated.

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hi

Arctic Silver is very well known for it's quality and that is why i recommended it. Take your time and reapply the thermal paste properly. Once the temperature issue is solved, run the system and check whether the BSOD issue is solved. If the issue remains, please upload the new crash dumps and a new Speccy snapshot which reflects the current system state. 

#9 AndreG28

AndreG28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

It's been about 2 weeks since I reset my CPU to default & replaced the thermal compound inside and I haven't had a single blue screen since! My computer is still running around the same temperature-wise idling at about 54-56 degrees and getting up to about 61-63 degrees during game-play. Should I still be concerned about the temp itself, or should I not worry since the problem of blue screening and the game-play itself seems to be fine now?

#10 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hi

Games will push the limits of CPU and hence it is normal for temperature to go high. If it is not going beyond 63 C, you don't have to worry. However i highly recommend adding extra cooling fans in the cabinet to increase airflow.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 10 November 2013 - 10:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users