Hello everyone - new member and first time poster, and I'm in serious need of guidance. I'm building my third PC, and cannot figure out what is wrong with my current build. Here are the parts (all ordered from Newegg)
- 1 x MSI FM2-A55M-E33 FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
- 1 x AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity 3.4GHz Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition AD750KWOHJBOX
- 1 x Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PV38G160C9KRD
- 1 x Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes
- 1 x MSI R7950-3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
- 1 x LEPA N Series N500-SA 500W ATX12V Power Supply
- 1 x NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Upon receipt of the items, I assembled according to the instructions, but the system would not POST and no video appeared on the monitor. The CPU fan, PSU fan, and Video card fan all turned on, but no sounds (I don't think there is an onboard speaker), and there was zero video output via DVI or HDMI. It was not a black screen of nothingness, rather, the monitor did not recognize a video signal. The motherboard did not light up with any LEDs or appear to be 'working' other than the fans that did spin. On startup, the fans would spin fast, but immediately slow down to a low spin and stay there indefinitely.
Here is what I've done:
RMA'd the PSU - no fix, same problems
RMA'd the Mobo - no fix, same problems
RMA'd the RAM and CPU - waiting to receive both items.
Here are a few things I feel I could have done wrong:
Did I short the system somehow? The case only fits 5 of the 6 mobo holes. I read this is NOT a problem, but I felt it was worth mentioning.
The Heatsink is HUGE. Is it so heavy that it is making the CPU not work?
Is the PSU somehow not good enough to power the system?
Any and all help would be so much appreciated. Thank you!