Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adblock Problems?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joebsts

joebsts

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

I've got Adblock installed on google chrome, and every once in a while it will just stop working (it seems to happen every few weeks). I check my extensions and see that every time this happens, my filter lists are all gone, and I have to re-download them, although once I do adblock is working fine again (at least until it happens again). Does anybody know what might be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Is the Adblock Plus add-on? Not some other.

I'm not that familiar with Chrome but doesn't it update frequently and is it possible to see if the updates and missing block list

can be related? Like, do you know when Chrome updates? Or is it completely silent?

I've used Adblock Plus for years in Firefox and find it flawless and does the job....also customizable. It is Chrome compatible, too.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 joebsts

joebsts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Is the Adblock Plus add-on? Not some other.

I'm not that familiar with Chrome but doesn't it update frequently and is it possible to see if the updates and missing block list

can be related? Like, do you know when Chrome updates? Or is it completely silent?

I've used Adblock Plus for years in Firefox and find it flawless and does the job....also customizable. It is Chrome compatible, too.

Yes it is Adblock Plus,

I had a feeling it had something to do with Chrome's updates, which I guess makes it a minor annoyance I'll have to deal with because the updates seem to be mostly silent. I switched to Chrome after having some problems with Firefox a while back, maybe I can give that a try again. Thanks.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Found this on the web. Seems others are having the same problem with ABPlus. No solution given worked, though.

Adblock Plus • View topic - Adblock resetting settings

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Domelo

Domelo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Found this on the web. Seems others are having the same problem with ABPlus. No solution given worked, though.

Adblock Plus • View topic - Adblock resetting settings

That's just one single example. There are many others too, due to which, it was thrown away from google play store. I myself was also fed up of this pop-up blocker. One of my roommates has asked me to try this new Pop-ups blocker. Since I am new to it, I want some reliable information about it so that I could grab it for my browser. Any help will be appreciated...

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

The info in this link should help you. Known issues in Adblock Plus for Google Chrome

Download for Chrome: Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!

#7 Domelo

Domelo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

The info in this link should help you. Known issues in Adblock Plus for Google Chrome

Download for Chrome: Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!

Thanks for sharing information. Now the point is, if we ourself have to correct the issues then what's the matter to install such an app? Secondly, as far as I know, if we have to uninstall and then reinstall any app to block pop-ups, it indicates that there is a problem with adblocker itself. If that's not an issue, then why not other anti-banner and ad blocker software like Adguard create such problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users