Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good SQL book

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mysticduck

mysticduck

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hello all.

I run a small computer shop and am finding myself working on more SQL servers lately.  Is there a good book anyone can reccomend to help me with database backup, security and good practices?  I am up for a book that teaches SQL as well as the other stuff, but mainly interested in safe backup protocols and procedures.

Thanks! 

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

I have no wish whatsoever to insult you, but - if you are starting from a very low knowledge base - I have always found either 'The Idiot's guide to . . .' or '. . . for Dummies' a very good starting point. Clear, well written, no hidden assumptions and a welcome dash of humour.

However, if you are in fact looking for something more advanced, then typing 'An idiot's guide to SQL' into Google of brings up quite an array of alternatives.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 27 October 2013 - 07:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users