Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Removal Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pharris530

pharris530

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hello. This is a first post for me . So I hope to do this right. Anyway, I have Windows 8 OS  and believe I may have malware that I can't remove. I spoke with Microsoft on the phone a few months back and it is still there? I have run Malwarebytes  and others to no avail . On Gmer I get the response that says  C:\Windows \system 32\csrss.exe (544:568) value (fffff960009045e8) and unknown MBR  hardisk 0
Could this be  malware? I am not having any major issues other than the Automatic system repair will not work,saying it cannot fix this computer and also the refresh will not work.I have trouble with a clean install too.It appears to be moving along and when it gets just about finished it goes into some sort of loop with the blue screen with error message that says "we are collecting more info fro the computer then it restarts again and says the same thing. When I have tried this I put in a windows xp install disc and keep trying to get somewhere with it to which I finally do so. I hope that you can help me? Thank you.

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum, due to the absence of any malware logs included with the topic. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

You say you are not having any major issues...what leads you to think you have an infection, other than the message from GMER?

The error sounds more like a hardware issue with your hard drive.

#3 pharris530

pharris530
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

You say you are not having any major issues...what leads you to think you have an infection, other than the message from GMER?

The error sounds more like a hardware issue with your hard drive.

I've had files come up missing  and other than that the Automatic repair and refresh not working that's about it . Do you think these problems and the blue screen I get when trying to reinstall are all maybe hardware problems?  Is the hardware in my computer 'going on the bleep' .? I guess I am just wanting to know if this is a virus and should I be concerned

#4 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

What sort of files are going missing?

Startup Repair is fairly limited to what it can do. I've only seen it work when the issue was very minor.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'refresh'.

#5 pharris530

pharris530
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Startup Repair is fairly limited to what it can do. I've only seen it work when the issue was very minor.

System refresh fom the PC settings windows 8. It only sets PCsettings to factory default but keeps your files on the desktop for you to reuse. When I try to do a clean reinstall windows 8 ,it does alright til the end then goes into that blue screen and keeps recycling itself. Those are the main issues I currently have. You said you thought it might be hardware related ? Thanks . Pat

#6 pharris530

pharris530
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

System refresh fom the PC settings windows 8. It only sets PCsettings to factory default but keeps your files on the desktop for you to reuse. When I try to do a clean reinstall windows 8 ,it does alright til the end then goes into that blue screen and keeps recycling itself. Those are the main issues I currently have. You said you thought it might be hardware related ? Thanks . Pat

I don't think I have any Malware now although that is what my first question to you was. I apologize for the confusion there. So I don't know how to fix both  "clean reinstall of windows 8" because it goes into the blue screen loop and says "we're collecting more info about your computer"  and the system refresh feature .Both these features are located in PC settings. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users