Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

From <Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs> Cannot Run Computer Long

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 clfarrar

clfarrar

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Please review this, as I have been forwarded as it appears to be a hardware issue:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509805/cannot-run-computer-longer-5mins/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 looney2340

looney2340

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hi Clfarrar,

I am not an expert but do have alot of experience with computers in general.  I have read your posts in the malware section and saw you did reinstall windows.  I have had a similar issue with a computer i was reparing for someone.  While you wait for someone to answer in the forum have you tried to clean out the inside of your computer with some compressed air ?  At least in my experience the inside sometimes gets dusty and the fans going across the video card can sometimes  stop working causing some of the issues you have been explaining.  I built a computer for a friend and hers kept freezing up just as you explained and drove me crazy it would work for like 15 min at a time then freeze.  I opened her case cleaned it out and found the video card was burning hot because the fan had stopped working i ran a house fan over it and it worked, i then replaced the card and she hasnt had a problem since.  Not sure if this would solve your problem but it may be worth a try to check until someone here can maybe give you some more trouble shooting advice. 

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Please download and burn to a CD the following SeaTools for DOS, and then go into the BIOS and change the boot priority to CD-ROM and perform the extended tests on your hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users