Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where is c:\Windows\SysWOW64 located in for Windows 8?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hello everybody. I have a problem. I'm using a Windows 8 computer. problem is I can't find c:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder. I use 64 bit. I selected Files in the start menu search options and typed in c:\Windows\SysWOW64 and nothing.

I've looked everywhere. What do I do for a windows 8 computer because I know 7Windows 7 has c:\Windows\SysWOW64 but even though my computer has 64 bit its a 64bit computer it seems to have no tracing of c:\Windows\SysWOW64 which is a problem. I have to copy some files for a cardiopulmonary bypass simulator to the folder c:\Windows\SysWOW64 in 7 and if c:\Windows\SysWOW64 isn't in 8 what folder would be like c:\Windows\SysWOW64 and would I use instead? I really really have huge regrets in shopping at WALL*MART for a computer because THEY ONLY HAD WINDOWS 8. THAT  IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF BLEEP ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

thank you so much, and God bless.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Are you 100% sure that your machine is a 64 bit?

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Are you 100% sure that your machine is a 64 bit?

Yes because I searched for 32 bit too. Where do I go to search for these? Maybe I'm not searching correctly. I hit the start menu and then typed in c:\Windows\SysWOW64 and did the 32bit as well and then on the right selected my search mode from Apps to the Files search mode.

#4 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

How to tell 32 or 64-bit on W8? Have a look here:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/windows-8-64-bit-32-bit.htm

#5 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

I don't think you will find the folder by directly searching in that way (correct me if I'm wrong).

Try this,

Search for 'Computer' then click 'Local disk' look for 'Windows' open that and then search for 'System32'

Is sysWOW64 there?

EDIT- 

What I mean by 'there' is, Is the SysWOW64 folder underneath or near System32 (this is assuming you have your folder  A-Z/Z-A)

Edited by Darktune, 23 October 2013 - 06:36 PM.

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#6 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't think you will find the folder by directly searching in that way (correct me if I'm wrong).

Try this,

Search for 'Computer' then click 'Local disk' look for 'Windows' open that and then search for 'System32'

Is sysWOW64 there?

EDIT- 

What I mean by 'there' is, Is the SysWOW64 folder underneath or near System32 (this is assuming you have your folder  A-Z/Z-A)

YES. sysWOW64 is there.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users