Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost all sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Hi.

I was playing music in media player and paused it using a button on my keyboard. I then opened up Movie Maker but when I played a video there was no sound. I seem to have lost all sound.

I've tried Movie Maker, Media Player and Youtube and there's no sound at all. I've turned the volume up, it's certainly not on mute, the speakers work perfectly fine and it was all fine just minutes ago before I paused my music.

Why have I lost the sound and how do I get it back? Really don't want to have to restart the computer to get it back unless I have to.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 earcandy

earcandy

• Banned Spammer
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Go into your system setting and check the correct sound card / driver is selected. Also open the control panel for controlling volumes and make sure teh level is turned up.  If something got corrupted you may need to re-install drivers for your soundcard.

Alternately your soundcard might only allow one application to play sound at once. Did you try playing audio with just one application open?

#3 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

All sound cards, drivers, speakers were all correct and enabled. The volume is 100% on as are the speakers.

I was only trying to play sound on one application at the time, with just one application open at a time, but the sound wouldn't work on anything. Don't normally have any problem with playing sound on multiple applications even at the same time.

Turning the computer on and back off has solved the problem, but I want to know what caused it.

This has happened before on another computer, but opening up all applications that use sound bought it back. However, that didn't work this time.

Edited by sn0zb0z, 24 October 2013 - 07:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users