Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite L505D-LS5006 Major Driver (s) Issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nny315tech

nny315tech

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

First off, I am new the the "Forum" world, so I am really not sure where to post tried my best to find the right spot lol.

So I have here a Toshiba Satellite L505D-LS5006 Laptop, and I have major issues with the drivers.

I Re-Installed Windows ( Factory Reset ) so clear user data, but then I noticed that the touch-pad didn't work afterwards.

After further investigating I noticed that there was also no Audio. I looked in the device manager and noticed there was the " yellow yield" sign next to audio driver ( error 10 " Failure to Start " ). I tried updating using windows but it said it was already up to date. Also tried to download the driver from the Toshiba site, and that didn't do anything at all. Tried uninstalling etc etc etc Nothing helped. Then I took a break for a few mins, and I decided I would upload some things using my usb drive. And wouldn't you believe it when I plugged in my usb stick nothing happened. I opened Device Manager again, AND THERE IS NOT EVEN ANY UNIVERSAL BUS DRIVERS !!!! 

Now im sorry for the long post, but I have literally fixed and repaired hundreds of computers and laptops and never ran into a problem like this that I could not solve. I have done everything I can think of ( Windows updates, after market driver scans, reinstalled windows,) I am out of options, so I am calling out for help to my fellow techs.

Does anyone have any solutions for me? And I have all the discs so I already tried the recovery disc for this computer to upload drivers. And sending it in to Toshiba is not an option at all. Thank you all in advance, I really hope someone knows a solution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'd run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic, just to eliminate one possible source of problems...before investing any more time/energy.

Toshiba Support Forum

Louis

#3 nny315tech

nny315tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hamluis,

What exactly do you mean by " Appropriate Hard Drive Diagnostic" ? I have run all the diagnostics that I could think of, please explain

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hard drive manufacturers may provide diagnostics...system manufacturers may provide diagnostics..not all of these hard drive diagnostics are effective on every brand of hard drive.

SeaTools for DOS can be run on any drive manufactured by whomever.

SeaTools for DOS Tutorial - http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201271en

SeaTools for DOS Download - http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/

Do NOT attempt to repaiir anything with above tool.  Just run the long diagnostic, following Seagate instructions.

There are also 3d-party hard drive diagnostics which may be used by those familiar with them.  I cannot say that any one is better or worse than the other.

Louis

#5 nny315tech

nny315tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Thank you for your input, I thought that as well ran multiple test. I even put in a new hard drive and installed windows again. I actually used my disc to install windows ( windows 7 ) and purchased a new product key because the sticker on the laptop was torn off and I didn't have any luck finding the product key for the laptop. When I first got the laptop it had issues, so I re installed windows and everything seemed to be working fine. There was a issue with the touchpad but i updated the driver and it seemed to work fine. She brought the laptop back after trying to install her cdrom game and the touchpad didn't work and the other issues I mentioned earlier.

I am lost on what the issue is. The device manager is completely screwed up. There shows driver that are not installed that I cant get drivers to install for them. No USB drives, touchpad not working, Audio not working, says there is no device installed and driver is up to date. The only other options I can think of is maybe the palm bezel that contains the touch pad and the speakers is bad? but i don't want to buy another unless i can guarantee this. The system speaker ( that beeps ) doesn't work either and the device manger says not installed or whichever.  This is being a complete headache, Any other solutions?? Thanks again for taking your time to respond.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

It's a laptop...it's beyond warranty...and I'm not a Toshiba technician and cannot begin to guess at what might be the core issues.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users