Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access Violation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vaio840

Vaio840

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

I have never seen this before, therefore, did not know where to post this.

I shut down my computer last night. This morning, when I went in to start coding some CSS I saw the computer on and a window that said, " Access Violation 74E0809". What is this? Do I have some kind of back door hacker or is this some internal roblen which I have never before seen? Also, my computer is PW protected and I am the only one who possesses the PW. Latest hardware installed is a Western Digital Ext. HDD. That is the only change that I have made other than a couple HTML editors. (webeasy pro 6 and NotePad light).

If anyone has some light to shed on this I would appreciate it.
33 1/3 RPM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Matt169

Matt169

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:56 PM

Hello,

A google search for Access Violation 74E0809 and even 74E0809 did not bring any results what so ever.

If you think you may be infected please see this post and another BC member will be able to assist you from there on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:41 PM

It looks like a memory access violation but I would like to know what kind of computer and processor etc that you have. Also you say you have an external hard drive, it may be an access violation with the port for the hard drive. I would suggest going to the manufacturers web site for the hard drive and also for your computer and check with their FAQs on each of the sites. If they have email tech support that is free leave each one emails.

Violations like this one are really a sticky problem and all I want is for you to have all of the avenues and possibilities to solve it.

Have a good day.

#4 Vaio840

Vaio840
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:53 PM

The comp. is a Sony Vaio RA VGC840G w/ Processor Intel Pent. D

Ext. HDD Western Digital 160 GB Dual Combo. I have done a complete B/U of the Sony 250 GB HDD which is also a Western Digital to the new Ext. HDD. Thought I would add this last as the B/U was done in the past week.
33 1/3 RPM

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

Access violations occur for many reasons, but usually when a program tries to access storage set aside for something else. See here for an explanation.

Has this happened more than once?

#6 Vaio840

Vaio840
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:54 PM

Thanks for responding, no, this is the first time it has happened. I read in microsoft support that there is a possibility that it can occur during an automatic update. There is a download fix for that, but, I don't want to install a fix if it is not the correct one. Therefore, I posted here on the off chance that someone might have experienced or be familiar with such.
33 1/3 RPM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users