Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 askfault

askfault

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

Edited by askfault, 23 October 2013 - 06:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xentara

Xentara

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

Hi askfault,

Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users