Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 screens in linux but not in windows ???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Doomkiin

Doomkiin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hey I've been trying to figure this out for some time now and i just can't find out what the problem is when i go on kali linux all three of my screens work no problem however when i jump on windows it can detect all 3 but can only desplay 2 ??

Also i can't buy a second video card because my motherboard can't support another one and i can't unable my onboard video with my normal video card because in the bios its set to auto and it wont let me change it.

I'm using an AMD Radeon HD 6700 series.

Any info on the problem would really help!

Thanks for your time.

Edited by hamluis, 22 October 2013 - 09:13 PM.
Moving from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

I've been racking my brain on this....

On Linux do you connect your monitors to your on-board and your graphics card for 3 monitors?

A BIOS flash might open up some more options in BIOS...

#3 Xentara

Xentara

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

How are you connecting your monitors.
On you card, the first two monitors can be connected to any port on the card however the last one must be connected to the display port on the graphics card.

Xen

#4 Doomkiin

Doomkiin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

I've been racking my brain on this....

On Linux do you connect your monitors to your on-board and your graphics card for 3 monitors?

A BIOS flash might open up some more options in BIOS...

Nope All 3 of my monitors stay on to my main video card they don't even touch my on board

#5 Doomkiin

Doomkiin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

How are you connecting your monitors.
On you card, the first two monitors can be connected to any port on the card however the last one must be connected to the display port on the graphics card.

Xen

My main monitor connects by hdmi the second one from DVI and the last on on VGA because on the video card there are only 3 ports a hdmi a DVI and a VGA

#6 Xentara

Xentara

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

According to the AMD site
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/for-consumers/Pages/what-is-eyefinity.aspx

What are the basic requirements for connecting multiple displays?

Connecting multiple monitors for AMD Eyefinity technology couldnt be simpler. There are four easy rules to remember:

The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.

The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.

If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an inexpensive active DisplayPort adapter for it. DVI to DP adapters can be had for less than $30 USD.

Xen

Edited by Xentara, 23 October 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#7 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

It isn't necessarily true that you need a DisplayPort adapter to support 3 monitors. Sapphire Technology has video cards that use their SAPPHIRE FleX technology to provide Eyefinity support without a DisplayPort adapter. All the same, you can run 3 monitors in several different configurations without using an Eyefinity set up. In Windows, you'll need to download and install the appropriate software for your video card, and look for Desktop options in the software to configure the 3 monitors. Windows may recognize your video card and implement basic functionality, but without the software for your card installed, you won't have access to more advanced features.

Edited by slgrieb, 23 October 2013 - 05:22 PM.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users