Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer screen freezes with loud buzzing sound (probably a loop)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ghalimehadji

ghalimehadji

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hi,

My screen freezes for no apparent reason with a loud buzzing sound, can't move the mouse or do anything. I've already re installed sound and graphics drivers as suggested in other forums but it didn't fix the problem. I don't have a clue of how to get rid of this and i hope someone here is going to help me.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire V5-552G-8409

Specs:

_AMD A8-5557M Quad Core 2.10GHz 

_8GB DDR3 RAM

_500 GB HDD

_AMD Radeon HD 8750M 2GB VRAM

_Windows 8

Thanks for your time.

PS: it happens most of the time when i play a game or watch videos

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

your inverter is going out.

http://www.la-tronics.com/ebay_images/1/92_Acer-Aspire-LCD-Inverter-Z5600-Z5610-AS022185L00-316827000001-R0A_1.jpg

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Did you use a driver cleaning utility like Driver Sweeper to clean up the old drivers? Could just be a conflict from old stuff left behind.

Or it could be CPU or GPU temps, poorly seated power cables, failing power supply, poorly seated graphics card. Check everything is nice and snug, pull it off and stick it back on... everything on the mobo.

Have you tried removing your graphics card to see if it still occurs? This would be good to test also.

#4 ghalimehadji

ghalimehadji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

I don't have a clue what an inverter is could you be more specific please?

#5 ghalimehadji

ghalimehadji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Did you use a driver cleaning utility like Driver Sweeper to clean up the old drivers? Could just be a conflict from old stuff left behind.

Or it could be CPU or GPU temps, poorly seated power cables, failing power supply, poorly seated graphics card. Check everything is nice and snug, pull it off and stick it back on... everything on the mobo.

Have you tried removing your graphics card to see if it still occurs? This would be good to test also.

do you mean i should open up my laptop? i don't think i have the skills :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users