Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Custom screen saver and music

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 larry31

larry31

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

New member here.

I've created a custom screen saver using my ProShow Gold software. The show has music but when I use it on my desktop as a screen saver, there is no music.

Other wise, it performs great. The video plays ok.

Is there something in Windows XP Home that prevents music in it's screen saver?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

I don't believe it is prevented, just not activated. Not part of the code. You're using a .scr file right?

No way to change that either, unless you want to rewrite the whole thing and hack your OS. (insert rant about how great open source software is VS windows)

Could run a batch command though, to play your clip some other way, or automatically connect to disney.com or whatever...

#3 larry31

larry31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

It is a *.scr file and the system uses it just like any other screen saver file. After the set time, the file activates, and starts up. It plays the file and repeates again until I move mouse, or any key on keyboard. Just there's no sound when in the screen saver mode.

I see a bunch of screen savers on-line. I've never tried any. Do any of them play sound while running, or am I expecting something that was never possible from a Windows system?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

FWIW:  Screen Saver Plays Music .

Louis

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members