Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

htaccess not banning post method

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 supawiz6991

supawiz6991

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hello,

I need some help with my .htaccess file. I use a plugin on my wordpress site called Better WP Security. I found that the way it adds banned ip's to the htaccess list that it doesn't ban them from using the post method. I opened an issue ticket on his github and also a support message on the wp plugin page... two months later no fix.

I don't write htaccess files very often so I'm not familiar with the different ways it can be done.

This is my htaccess files as written by the plugin:  http://pastebin.com/Bh8yyFZr

The first half is the hackrepair.com blacklist which you can ignore. I'm trying to figure out why post method isn't being blocked. My assumption is that its the way the plugin writes the rules but I could be wrong.

I verified this issue using a command through terminal but I'd rather not post it unless requested.

Thanks

Edited by supawiz6991, 22 October 2013 - 02:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

I can't see anything in your file that will stop users from POST-ing...

Have a look here - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11584101/restrict-post-request-the-server

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users