Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Account Validation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 secretangel

secretangel

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

:ranting:

I apologise if this has already been discussed but I am tearing my hair out with frustration at the lack of support from Microsoft.

I have an old hotmail account that I need access to but as I haven't used it for some years I have forgotten the password.  I have been trying to gain access to the account by using the Account Validation form but cannot provide sufficient information for them to validate the account (they ask who you last sent email to and what was the subject but as I haven't sent emails for at least 3 years from the account I obviously can't remember).

Anyway I put a report request in but the only response I get is that I have to fill in a validation form and that is the only way I can get the password reset.  I have told them over and over again that I don't have sufficient information to complete the validation successfully.

It also appears that they have now locked all the threads on the microsoft support forum regarding this problem (many others are experiencing the same) and point everyone to the validation form again.

The email is linked to my itunes account (which is why I need access to it) and is listed as an alternative email on my google account.  Does anyone know how I can possibly get access to my account without microsoft support as they are being totally unhelpful.

Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xentara

Xentara

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hi Secretangel,

There is a posibility that your account may have been recycled due to the fact you havnt logged in in 3 years, it is explained in this article.

http://www.maximumpc.com/microsoft_recycling_outlook_live_and_hotmail_accounts_2013

My advice to you would be to change the email on your iTunes account as per these instructions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5621

And remove your email on your google account as per these instructions

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/76143?hl=en

Xen

#3 secretangel

secretangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Thank you for the reply.

There was activity on the account as I use PopPeeper and the account was linked to that so I could read email that I received.  I told Microsoft that they could send a reset link to the account and I would be able to open it and reset the password that way but they ignored that.  Unfortunately I had problems with PopPeeper and had to reinstall it recently so now am not able to receive mail on the account either.

I have other reasons for wanting access to the account and its the frustration of microsoft only having that one option for validating the account that is driving me crazy.

Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

#4 Xentara

Xentara

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Ah sorry to hear that, I had a similar problem with Facebook, sorry i cant be of further help and hope you get it sorted.

Xen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users