Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice about new laptop

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sammy B. J. V.

Sammy B. J. V.

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

I'm planning on buying myself a new laptop soon and I've been wondering what kind of laptop would be suitable for a student who needs their laptop for classes at least once a week.

Right now I have a 5 year old 17,5 inch Toshiba laptop from the Satellite series with Windows XP. Recently it started freezing up randomly and when I don't have it plugged in, it sort of stars acting weird, like it wants to freeze up but then works okay for a few minuets and does it again until I plug it in, sometimes it says that I don't have any headphones or speakers plugged in when that happens, even thought I have.

I won't even bother to get it looked at since I've been planning to get a new laptop.

So now I've been wondering what kind of computer would be the best choice for me. I move it around a lot, need it in school at least once a week during computing classes since my school doesn't have enough computers for more than 28 people at a time, naturally I said that I'll be the one bringing my laptop to school with me since most of the school computers barely work and most of them don't have internet access, which we need a lot, I don't have any games on my laptop since I have a PC and have all my games on there. I use my laptop more than my PC.

I did look up what kind of laptop would be suitable for me, but I didn't find anything that would suit me so far.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gamesbaz

gamesbaz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

planning to get a new laptop

#3 Sammy B. J. V.

Sammy B. J. V.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Did you correct my title or my starting sentence? If I messed something up, I'm sorry. English isn't my first language. 

#4 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

One Great place To look for computers would be Newegg. They have amazing laptops there and desktops as well as they sell computer parts. I built my entire desktop computer from them. 

http://www.newegg.com/Laptops-Notebooks/Category/ID-223?Tid=17489&Tpk=laptop

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

How much money do you feel like spending?

Sounds like you want a laptop, but don't really need a lot of power.  A light weight might be something that you would be interested in.

Do you have an operating system (Windows, Apple, *nix) that you have to run for one reason or another.

I've been using an HP EliteBook Folio 9470m for work the last year.  It is a great machine, but a bit costy for the average user.

If you're going with Windows 8 you will want a touch screen.

#6 Sammy B. J. V.

Sammy B. J. V.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

I don't really have much money to spend.

But lately I've been working on an upcoming project, which requiers (?) me to edit a large amount of audio recordings and videos.

#7 Sammy B. J. V.

Sammy B. J. V.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

But lately I've been working on an upcoming project, which requiers (?) me to edit a large amount of audio recordings and videos.

#8 Sammy B. J. V.

Sammy B. J. V.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users