Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Image / Backup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stejyn

stejyn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

Hello, I am just writing for suggestions on how to back up my company pc's.

We have a new small business and would like to know the best/affordable backup we should use....

We have 2 desktop office comp's, 1 desktop at home, and 1 laptop.   All 4 are using windows 8, (2 office came with windows 8 when purchased, and home and laptop were upgraded to 8 from windows 7).  All four have 1 tb hard drives.  Maybe a 1/4 used on each.

Thinking of just buying and external hard drive, 1 tb or so, and creating incremental system images, and backups for files on each.  (maybe partition out the new external to give each of the 4 their own space??)

Any suggestions appreciated... just looking for options (maybe online storage better, but with monthly cost?)

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Hi, Here is one way using Windows 8

How to create a Windows system image in Windows 7 and Windows 8

Windows 7 and Windows 8 include the ability to create a system image that can be used to restore your computer's hard drives back to the exact state they were in when you created the backup. This backup is an exact replica of your drive including your personal data and Windows files.

And of course How to use System Image Recovery in the Windows 7 and Windows 8 Recovery Environment

wish to restore your hard drives to a previous backup you can use the System Image Recovery program from the Windows 7 or Windows 8 Recovery Environment. This process will overwrite the entire contents of your hard drives with the contents of a previously created system image.

How to reinstall Windows 8 while keeping your data using Refresh your PC

indows 8 introduces a new feature called Refresh your PC that allows you to reinstall your computer while at the same time preserving your data, preferences, and Windows Store apps

These are what I use an I suggest keeping several sets on different Backup drives and rotating them refreshing the oldest. Then use the software that usually comes with the External drives to do Incremental backups.

I hope these help

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users