Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7x64 startup slow - could it be LAN adapter?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kreker

Kreker

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

My PC was recently cleaned up thanks to Broni from this forum, and I've been running Temp File Cleaner and MSE on a weekly basis, and I had no red reports from MSE.

The problem I have is the startup. Everytime I boot up my computer, the drive gets really loud once the logon screen from Windows appear. After I enter my logon password, I get to the desktop with all my taskbar icons displaying and changing to white blocks along with desktop icons while the HDD is working :)

The LAN icon is constantly spinning blue wheel, every couple of times I get the exclamation icon, and both of those things disappear in 5 seconds, and the LAN icon gets back to normal. Also, the hard drive loudness stops almost at the same moment when the LAN icon stops with the blue circles/yellow icons...

I installed new drivers from manufacturers website, the only 2 startup items I have checked in "Quick Startup 2.4" are USB2MON and google update, so I'm looking for solution. By the way, Safe mode without networking loads immidiately.

Is there even a chance of LAN causing startup lag, and if so, how to fix it?

Moderator Edit: Moved from the Am I Infected forum to a more appropriate forum since the computer has received a all clear for malware

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 23 October 2013 - 11:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users