Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad delay after typing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EatingCookies

EatingCookies

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 1764 and I "upgraded" to Windows 8.1. After I installed the new ALPS touchpad driver it started having a delay. After I type or use the keyboard at all I cannot click using the touchpad for about 2-3 seconds. I turned off the touchcheck feature and that did not help. I have tried different drivers, different settings, everything. I am almost positive I will need to change a registry key, but I am not sure which one.

I did a ton of Googling and could not find anyone with the same problem. So does anyone know what's going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Read this article. Not sure if it's your issue but sounds similar.

If you are a gamer who got caught up in the excitement of Windows 8.1 being released last week, you may be regretting your decision to upgrade right now. The reason? Some games have been rendered unplayable due to serious mouse lag on Microsoft’s latest operating system.Microsoft has changed the way the mouse interactions work in Windows 8.1 and any game that does not read raw mouse data (or DirectInput) is now experiencing severe mouse lag.

Edited by Netghost56, 21 October 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#3 EatingCookies

EatingCookies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Read this article. Not sure if it's your issue but sounds similar.

If you are a gamer who got caught up in the excitement of Windows 8.1 being released last week, you may be regretting your decision to upgrade right now. The reason? Some games have been rendered unplayable due to serious mouse lag on Microsoft’s latest operating system.Microsoft has changed the way the mouse interactions work in Windows 8.1 and any game that does not read raw mouse data (or DirectInput) is now experiencing severe mouse lag.

That is exactly what is happening! Thank you very much! I'm glad to know I'm not completely hopeless!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users