Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU/APU - Dedicated Video Card - No Display - HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hey everyone, having a really frustrating issue that i hope someone can help me with.

The computer is a pretty new build and is working perfectly, I have purchased a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 (Dirt 3 Edition). Link to graphics card is here: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?pid=1235&lid=1

When the graphics card is put into the computer, it powers up but nothing at all is displayed!! With the graphics card in, when i move the monitor cable back to the onboard graphics, there is still no display. When i remove the card and just use the onboard graphics it works fine, so basically with the graphics card inserted into the computer, nothing will display anywhere.

The motherboard is an Asus, F2 A85  M - LE and the link to the motherboard is here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/F2A85M_LE/

The motherboards bios is not like a traditional bios, it has the ability to use a mouse and has a nice GUI, so i dont know if this changes how graphics works? Also, the processor is an APU processor running the onboard graphics aswell, so i dont know if this makes a difference.

I have removed the graphics card and installed it in another computer with a traditional bios and it works perfectly!! 

I assume there is a setting somewhere within the BIOS somewhere, have had a look and there dont appear to be many options at all and im totally out of ideas, i hope someone can help!!

Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Anyone have any idea?! :( 

0 user(s) are reading this topic