Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Repair Loop...in dispair

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 binzy

binzy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hello all, Im on a HP pavillion m7 running Windows 7. I havent installed or downloaded anything recently but today upon turning on my laptop it went into startup repair ....it wasnt acomplishing anything. tried all i could from F8 boot menu...each option leads straight back to the startup repair. I do not have a windows 7 disk of any kind. what can I do?? i do have an 8 gig usb drive handy if that helps....im so distraught :( i wouldnt even mind a clean install at this point..(but dont know how to without the disk) i just want my computer back :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

i would borrow a windows 7 cd from someone first. you could download an iso from digitalriver and create a bootable cd, but i am not sure of those exact links. maybe someone here can help out with that. in the meantime, go to the manufacturer website of your hard drive and run a hard drive diagnostic to make sure that it isnt a failing drive before you take any other measures. if you get a windows cd and do a clean install or factory reset, if your hard drive is failing, it will go right back to square one. rule the hard drive out first

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

In lieu of looking for a hard drive diagnostic, you might try the suggestions at http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=5262615&spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay&spf_p.prp_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c01443317-10%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users