Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

crash dump problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lewisguy

lewisguy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Hi I was given a link to your site by neil brock from sports interactive and he said you could possible help we with my problem, I received a beta code for football manager 2014 I activated the code and it installed with no problems what so ever but when I go to load up the game I get a crash dump error, neil suggested I try and download a few links what he sent me but I could not get them to download he then asked me for my dxdiag information and after many time of trying to find this information I was unable to provide him with it, so I was wondering if someone could possible help me as I am finding it very frustrating now that I cant seem to get anything to work to fix the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer forum.

I received a beta code for football manager 2014

Beta games are released for testing purpose in order to find bugs. The BSOD you are receiving could be a bug of the game you are playing. I would update the display driver to the latest (from ATI or NVIDIA site ) and check whether the game blue screens. If the issue remains and  all other games works fine, it will be a problem with the game code. In that situation, we can nothing to do except contacting the game company and report about the BSOD.

Here is the driver download links.

AMD / ATI :  http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

NVIDIA : http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in

Make sure to remove the old driver before installing the latest.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

As Anshad Edavana suggested, you need to uninstall the old drivers prior to installing the new ones.  This is particularly true with Nvidia drivers.

Before installing new NVIDA drivers you must first uninstall the old drivers.  It is very important that the Graphics Driver be the last driver to be uninstalled.  If this is not done you will find yourself repeating the process.

Before uninstalling the drivers you should download the new drivers from the NVIDA website.  As you can see in the image below there are two means of finding the correct drivers.  Option 1: is the manual method, Option 2: is a automated scan which will find the correct drivers.  

nvidiadownload_zps19003119.png

Don't open the drivers until after all of the drivers have been uninstalled and the computer has been restarted.

In the Start menu click on Control Panel, when it opens click on Programs and Features and wait until it is populized.

The programs are alphabetized, scroll down to the Ns where you will find the list of NVIDIA drivers similar to the one in the image below.

Nvidia_zps01e691da.png

Important: Users of older motherboards with a Nvidia Chipset may find a ChipsetDriver listed, these are unreleated to the Display Drivers. If you uninstall a NVIDIA Chipset drivers, your system could become non functional and require a installation of the operating system.

Remove these drivers one at a time leaving the Graphics Driver the last to be uninstalled

Place the mouse pointer over the driver you want to uninstall, this will highlight the choice.  Right click on the driver, a window will open with the word Uninstall, click on this to uninstall the driver.  After the driver is removed from the list go on to the next one. 

Note:  If while uninstalling the Nvidia Drivers the system asks for a RESTART after uninstalling a driver and it wont let you proceed when choosing "restart later", then its OK go ahead and restart and pick up in the Control Panel under Programs and Features where you left off.

Now that you are left only with Graphics Driver, uninstall it.   

The system will ask for a RESTART, you should now do so.

Windows has as native graphics driver which will make it possible to continue with the installation of the new NVIDIA drivers.  You should install the new drivers now. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users