Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White screen virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 409bob

409bob

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hi,

HELP!

My computer seems to be infected with the white screen virus.  I have Windows XP.

I attempted to boot up in safe mode but it still goes to a white screen.

I was following some removal instructions I found online but it doesn't seem to work either.  I would tap F8 after turning computer on, select safe mode with command prompt, a page with cmd.exe would come up where I was supposed to type in some info to bring up system restore but as soon as I hit any of the keys on that page, the cursor freezes and cannot do anything but turn the computer off. I tried many times and the same thing.

I also tried hitting control-alt-delete while on the white screen but it does nothing.

PLEASE HELP! (I'd settle for about 10 minutes alone with the scum that caused this!)

Thank you,

Bob

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 October 2013 - 09:33 AM.
moved from XP to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 409bob

409bob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Any ideas?

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hello 409bob. Please be patient (I know that's hard to do when you have a problem) while you wait for someone to help you.

Since the ones who will be able to help you are volunteers there is no way of knowing when one of them will see your post.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hello, sorry for  he delay.. This cannot be repaired with the tools allowed in this section. We need stronger tools. please repost your topic here

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs         

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users