Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus meltdown/startup repair loop/no safe mode/no install disc/no restore point

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ineedsomehellp

ineedsomehellp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Ok so I got some messed up virus a couple of days ago. It was antivirus security pro i believe. I couldnt get rid of it in time and tried starting my computer in safe mode but it didnt work. It just tried to restore my computer with entire hd and two partitions. I didn't want to do that since I figured I could use norton in safe mode and get rid of the virus. So i kept shutting it off and retrying safe mode but it kept going to that. Now I wish it would do that. Instead my laptop goes to startup repair, which it says is incompatible with my system.

It's an ASUS laptop that's like 4-5 years old and I'm running windows 7 32 bit.

I'm getting a windows 7 install disc made from another computer and hopefully that will work but I really don't know what else to do. I think my laptop started off as windows XP but I don't remember.

All I have is system recovery options and none of them can do anything except for the command prompt.

Any help would be really appreciated!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Wow sorry to hear it did you in that hard! So no factory restore options are working? I would see what happens when you get that windows cd made and boot from it. Hopefully you can get a bit farther

-alex

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#3 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

have someone make you a rescue cd such as AVG's

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hello -

If you need assistance, please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6.

If you are unable to complete any step, please post the topic and leave a full description of your problems
When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT Here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.

Please Use Copy / Paste for your responses, and Do Not Attach them unless your helper requests this.

If HelpBot responds to your topic, please follw his Step #1 so the team will be notified.

Thank You -

#5 ineedsomehellp

ineedsomehellp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Great news! i got it working...

That CD started to work but whenever it had to restart the laptop to complete the installation, I would either have to start the whole process all over again, or it would go in to some crazy list of things it was deleting and then go in to another crazy list of recovering orphaned files.

I have no clue what that was about.

But when I was choosing where to install the new windows 7 I had the option to delete all previous files which I did and then it worked.

I just had to lose everything I've ever done on my laptop :(

Thanks so much to everyone that tried to help me. I was really about to break this thing in half if I couldn't fix it lol.

Edited by ineedsomehellp, 20 October 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#6 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

always backup my friend!

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users