I don't know much at all about tablets..except that the price for the older models is getting pretty low.
I'm wondering if a tablet might be worth having in my situation...
1. I am not a high-end user at all.
2. I've been getting by using dial-up internet at home (no cable, no wi-fi, won't buy sat). If I need a faster connection I use my notebook at the library.
These are some things I was wondering about:
1. Are there uses for tablets if they aren't connected to the internet?
2. Is there any reason to have one if you have to leave home (rural area) to reach a Wi-Fi spot?
3. Would I be missing out on some really cool capability by getting an older device like this one:
4. Could a tablet somehow be used off my home dial-up phone line say for short periods?