Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found weird windows 7 error.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

I did post this the other day but as I have the error message I feel that it's right I post it in full.

This happened the other day where I logged on to my laptop and it comes up saying Location is not available.

Here is the full error

"C:\\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located the information might have been moved to a different location"

another error follows saying 

"Failed to connect to a windows service;-

Windows could not connect to the system event notification service service. this problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the system event log for details about why the service didn't respond"

When I log off and back on it works.

What is this error and why is it happening? Could it be some sort of corrupted windows file? or a form of malware?

Thanks

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users