Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Dimension 2400 Display Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joshgmorris

joshgmorris

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Hi my names Josh, I'm having a few problems with my dell computer and while trying to find solutions i found this site.
I have recently cleaned out my computer and swapped 1 of the 2 dvd drives which where inserted and now after plugging everything back in where it originally was the display isn't coming on its just saying receiving no input iv tried a couple of monitors and swapped the lead but still nothing, I know this isn't a very detailed description but i don't know much about computers, your help and advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks Josh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When the  FileHippo website opens, click on Download latest version in the upper left pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 joshgmorris

joshgmorris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

Hi, How do i do this if i cant get any display up on the computer? i'm doing all of this from my laptop.

And sorry for the late Reply.

Edited by joshgmorris, 24 October 2013 - 06:45 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Does this computer start and stay running, fans, LEDs.

If the computer is running try rebooting into the BIOS, if this is visible you have a problem with Windows.  If it doesn't you have a hardware problem, and my money is on the integrated graphics.

The graphics on this computer is integrated, this means that if this has failed you will need to purchase a dedicated graphics card to replace the integrated.  The problem is that this computer is old enough that the only potion you have is to purchase a PCI graphics card.  These are becoming uncommon, to the point that Newegg only has one offered.

EVGA 512-P1-N402-RX GeForce 6200 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI 2.1 Video Card - Newegg.com  $19.99 +tax  This is marked down from $49.99.

With the age of this computer and the fact that support will end for XP the 14th of April 2014 you need to ask yourself if this computer is worth investing more money in.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 joshgmorris

joshgmorris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

Thank you for your help i will look in to this and let you know the outcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users