Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC shuts down in middle of Malwarebytes Scan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonsen

Dragonsen

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Alright, I'm pretty certain I have an infected PC. It was acting funny before I started running Malwarebytes. About two minutes into the scan, the PC restarts and tells me to insert a bootable drive. During the POST tests, it says hard drive S.M.A.R.T.: Bad, Backup & Replace. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Knowledge is the gathering of useless information."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Hi,

While we appreciate that you very likely posted at multiple forums in order to ensure a response, in the future please do not cross-post. Resources that help perform malware removal are very precious and very limited, and cross-posting only serves to tie up the time of multiple helpers who could be using that time to help someone else who also has problems. If you wish to work this here on Bleepingcomputer , then please post messages at all other forums where you have posted asking them to close the threads so that you do not waste anymore resources on duplicate work.

If you choose to work this at MBAM, then please let us know so we can close this topic.

In the future - choose one forum and stick with that one until they've resolved your problem.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=135117

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#3 Dragonsen

Dragonsen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

I was unaware that Bleeping Computer and Malwarebytes were ran by the same organization. This is a time-sensative issue and I was seeing which forum would get a faster response.

#4 Dragonsen

Dragonsen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hi,

While we appreciate that you very likely posted at multiple forums in order to ensure a response, in the future please do not cross-post. Resources that help perform malware removal are very precious and very limited, and cross-posting only serves to tie up the time of multiple helpers who could be using that time to help someone else who also has problems. If you wish to work this here on Bleepingcomputer , then please post messages at all other forums where you have posted asking them to close the threads so that you do not waste anymore resources on duplicate work.

If you choose to work this at MBAM, then please let us know so we can close this topic.

In the future - choose one forum and stick with that one until they've resolved your problem.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=135117

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Georgi

I am planning on posting a message letting others know to disregard the thread but I was waiting to see which forum would give me an answer first before doing that. Would you be kind enough to list what other forums you run so I can make sure to avoid creating accounts there?

#5 Dragonsen

Dragonsen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

I have since received a reply on another forum. Feel free to close this thread. I would still like that list for future reference.

#6 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Hi,

I was unaware that Bleeping Computer and Malwarebytes were ran by the same organization. This is a time-sensative issue and I was seeing which forum would get a faster response.

You misunderstood me...No BleepingComputer and Malwarebytes aren't the same organization...and we undestand that you posted at multiple forums in order to ensure a response as soon as possible but working with multiple helpers at the same time can lead to various problems for your computer. Also every helper has a different style and manner of work and by using both advices this can cripple the cleaning process.

I am planning on posting a message letting others know to disregard the thread but I was waiting to see which forum would give me an answer first before doing that. Would you be kind enough to list what other forums you run so I can make sure to avoid creating accounts there?

Since you already received an answer on MBAM forum stick with it till the issue is resolved. And no, the main problem is to avoid seeking help at multiple boards and not to avoid me. I don't forbid you to register wherever you want but the most of the malware removal sites will explain you the same policy regarding the multiple forum posters.

Good luck with resolving your issues.

Take care!

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users