Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Progressive Wireless Problems...Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Supersox

Supersox

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hello,

So one day my wireless internet stopped working on my Dell XPS 15z running windows 7.  Ran the troubleshooter everything was fixed...for a few hours.  Repeat the troubleshooter and things were fixed again, but only for a limited time.  Ran avast! and found nothing.  The error messages I kept getting were "default gateway is not available" and/or "problem with wireless adapter or access point"

So i began to check other things.  It's not my internet, as plugging in via ethernet works just fine.  Not my router, as I would get the same error messages on other wireless router networks.  Dell replaced the motherboard just before this because of some other problem, so I'm having them replace it again.  They just replaced the wireless card 2 days ago and nothing.  It would work again for a few minutes before it would stop.  Now today my laptop doesn't even see a wireless card existing.

Thoughts, questions, suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated.  If you need more info, just ask!

Thanks!

~Supersox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Supersox

Supersox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I forgot this as well. after a few days, i noticed my computer would completely shut down (not hibernate or sleep) at some point after i stepped away from it. Upon restart, I was informed that something had gone wrong and the error message i get after rebooting says the details of the shutdown are as follows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP"
1: ****-****-****-****
BCP2: FFFFFA8006CF1060
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C3D8
BCP4: FFFFFA800B5C8BD0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\101613-30607-01.dmp
C:\Users\David
M. Behm\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-117515-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Window
s\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users