Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire 7741Z-4643 laptop no display on monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dawn Allen

Dawn Allen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hello everyone I am hoping for some help. My laptop was working fine last night, I either shut it down before I went to bed or not, can't be 100% certain. I got up this morning and pushed the power on, heard sounds (fan, but no windows noises but I don't know if my volume was up), the computer acts like it has booted up. Light next to my power button is blue. I have tried several troubleshooting steps.

Computer is running Windows 7, has Avast antivirus installed

connected to external monitor-no picture

used the windows key, and right arrow on keyboard to restart (heard more computer noise but no sound)

turned sound up using the keyboard

tried F2 when computer restarted

pulled battery, held down power button for 1 minute, put battery back in, plugged in power cord and restarted.

put in music cd, I can hear the dvd drive spinning but no sound (again I don't know if it auto plays)

shined a flashlight at the monitor (didn't see anything)

I am thinking it is my graphics card, and I replaced one in another computer before so I feel I could do that. I hated to buy one and try it thought if I wasn't pretty certain that is my problem.

Can anyone help with other troubleshooting steps I should try or provide any suggestions at all?

Thanks

A VERY frustrated college student who has my homework assignment completed and ready to turn in on that computer!

Dawn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Laptops have integrated graphics/video...on the motherboard, there is no physical card to be replaced, so don't buy a graphics card.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

test your function keys does one turn off the screen or darken it

#4 Dawn Allen

Dawn Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Thanks you I did more research after posting that and I determined that the graphics card was on the motherboard just like you said. I also tested the function keys that you for that! I ended up buying a SATA Wire and pulled the hard drive and saved the data. Thank you again for the responses.

Dawn

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

:thumbsup2: , happy computing.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users