Hello Steviebone and Welcome -
Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them.
You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* Do not reboot until instructed.
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.
When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.
Post it in your next reply.
NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.
These are free on demand scanners that may help:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM) and SUPERAntiSpyware Free (aka SAS)
Further details are available at the downloal links ..........
DO NOT accept the Free Trial Versions at this time as we only wish a Quick Scan.
If you have either of these programs installed already, please Update your version first.
Both of the reports will open in Notepad form (be sure Word Wrap is turned off).
With SAS, read the report, and if it only reports Tracking Cookies just tell me.
Keep these 2 programs installed when finished -
You may need to Reboot after you post these reports -
Please scan your computer with ESET Online Scanner
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus
* Open Internet Explorer and hold down Control and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
* Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
* Click the Start button.
* Accept any security warnings from your browser.
* Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
* Click Advanced settings and select the following:
* Scan potentially unwanted applications
* Scan for potentially unsafe applications
* Enable Anti-Stealth technology
* ESET will then download itself, update install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
* Please be patient as this will take some time (NOTE: First time scans are always longer).
* When the scan completes, click List Threats
* Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
* Click the Back button and then Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
If you lose the log it can be found at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
If no infections are found then please tell me -
Be sure your Antivirus is enabled now -
Thank You -