Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powershell Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KJackson50

KJackson50

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Enable-PSRemoting -Force
Set-Item wsman:\localhost\client\trustedhosts [IP]
Restart-Service WinRM

---

The above is what I need to do to get remoting going in our domain. I will need to run this on my admin computer (with all workstations I want to connect to), and run it on every workstation to be able to accept requests from my computer.

I understand I need to go to each station to set this up, but on the admin computer, is there anyway I can set up a txt file with all the workstation IPs? The alternative would be to type in each and every workstation IP and do them one by one.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

I would just use a batch file at logon or pull the list of every computer on the domain (Im gathering you are using a Domain) throw that ina  txt file and execute the WMIC command below.

WMIC can be just as powerfull as powerShell.

wmic /node:"@filename.txt" rdtoggle call SetAllowTSConnections

Or just execute them one X one.

wmic /node:"TargetMachine" rdtoggle call SetAllowTSConnections

just my preferance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users