The Dell forum link is working for me....anyway it says the process belongs to Dell DataSafe Local Backup. Other topics I found said Dell DataSafe Local Backup was part of the SoftThinks Agent Service
What is DataSafe Local Backup
Press the WINKEY + R
keys on the keyboard or click
, and in the Open dialog box, type: services.msc
or press Enter
users may need to refer to these instructions: How to Enable Run Command
Alternatively, you can click on the Start Orb and in the Search box type: services.msc
or simply go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Administrative Tools and double-click on the Services
option. If prompted by the User Access Control, click the Continue
Windows Services will open:
- Click the Extended tab at the bottom to view all the info on your services.
- In the Services applet, scroll down the list and find the service called SoftThinks Agent Service.
- Double-click SoftThinks Agent Service to open the Properties page.
- In the Properties Window > General Tab that opens, click the "Stop" button.
- From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Manual".
- Click "Apply", then "OK" and close any open windows.
Instructions with screenshots for:[list]
A Dell member also provided these instructions if the above does not work.