Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jbeaugez

jbeaugez

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Last Friday my computer would not start into Windows 7 after it performed a Windows update.  I have not made any hardware changes to the system and all peripherals are not hooked up.  It booted into the Startup Repair and would not repair even with a Windows disk.  I reset the BIOS to default settings and still nothing.  It would not even load Win 7 mini from Hiren's boot disk.  I was able to load, update, and scan using Kapersky from Hiren's which showed no infected files.  Then, I used Acronis to build a new MBR which I had to delete 2 files from to get Win 7 to boot again.  My system booted and worked fine for about 48 hours.  Now it shows the blue screen of death and reboots.  Attached is a picture of what is displayed.  I have ran chkdsk twice and no errors were found via DOS and hiren's xp mini.  I have ran hardware tests from hiren's which everything passes.  I would really appreciate any help I could get.

Laptop - Samsung RC512-S02US

OS - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Blue Screen - PROCESS_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Tech Info - 0x0000006B (The rest are all zeros with the x)

Attached Files

Edited by jbeaugez, 17 October 2013 - 03:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

This error message is associated with problems in the bootcat.cache file. Troubleshooting steps are here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833

#3 jbeaugez

jbeaugez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

I deleted the Bootcat.cache file as it says to do and I am still getting the same BSOD.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Same blue screen error code as well?

Unfortunately, the only other "fixes" Microsoft supplies for this are to install Service Pack 1 -- there are no hotfixes for this problem.

If you can get to a Last Known Good Configuration, try that. Otherwise, you may have to just do a complete reinstall. :(

#5 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I would try 2 things:

1. Do a system restore before the update occurred.(if that doesn't work)

PutThe Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.

2. Press a key when you are prompted. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.

3. Click Repair your computer.

4. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

6. Type Bootrec /rebuildbcd, and then press ENTER.

#6 jbeaugez

jbeaugez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

I have solved the problem.  Nothing above worked but I do appreciate the responses from everyone.  I made an entire system backup after my system crashed last Friday.  I researched more after trying all of the above and one person said to replace the bootcat.cache from a backup and that worked.  Thank you all for trying to help me with this matter.

#7 jbeaugez

jbeaugez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Correction: I tried rebooting my computer and it did the same thing but it loaded into Win 7 fine before.  Any suggestions? 

#8 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Replacing the bootcat.cache file is only a one-time, temporary fix: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/cant-re-create-bootcatcache/d1293cf4-833c-45aa-8b4a-bc4206a24a8a?page=1

You say the entire system crashed last Friday. What changes, if any, did you make to the system before it crashed?

Do you have any backups from before all the problems started? If not, you may have no choice but to do a complete reinstall. At least you backed up your important files and folders -- you can restore those once the reinstall is complete.

#9 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

try this and tell me if it works(at least for now)

Goto advanced boot menu F8
scroll down to disable digital signatures enforcement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users