Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I used MSCONFIG for selective start, now I need normal start.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jerhyn

Jerhyn

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

I have followed this instruction.

Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal startup state

After you used the clean boot to resolve your problem, you can follow these steps to configure Windows XP to start normally.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Type msconfig, and then click OK.
    The System Configuration Utility dialog box is displayed.
  3. Click the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.
  4. When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.

After doing this my taskbar remains tan in color, its not a huge deal, but I'm curious why it wont reset properly.

Jer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zzdave

zzdave

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hi 

I think the colour of your taskbar is more something to do with the themes you are using rather than resetting the services back to normal.

Right click the desktop and go into properties and set the themes to Windows standard. Maybe that will cure the problem

Cheers

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users