Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista WON'T START UP!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chiefmaster2012

chiefmaster2012

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hey when I turn  on my computer it loads up fine but when it get to the login screen it says "please wait" for a few seconds which is normal but after that the screen is just black. I can see my mouse cursor still but THE SCREEN IS BLACK!!! I can't even access my computer and I have lots of things to do. PLEASE HELP!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

From what you are explaining, its possible that something is stopping explorer.exe from running. Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to open task manager, click the tab "processes" and see if explorer.exe is listed. If it is, something else may be wrong. If it is not, go back to the tab "applications" and click on "new task" and type in explorer.exe. If this works, it is only a temporary fix because something is definitely causing your computer to boot to a black screen.

Sincerely, Blake.

7 year Computer Hardware + Software Technician.

Operations Technician at a retail company.

Rhythm guitarist for the band Headspill.

:guitar: 

#4 chiefmaster2012

chiefmaster2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

It used to be Windows 7 but it's upgraded to Vista

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

It used to be Windows 7 but it's upgraded to Vista

That is the operating system.

What is the make and model of this computer?  Ex: Dell Inspiron 15R, HP Envy,etc.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

That wasn't an upgrade...that was a DOWNgrade. Windows 7 is newer than Vista. Did this start happening right after you changed it to Vista???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users