Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RKramden

RKramden

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hi All,

On my Win7 Ultimate machine, I have 2 user accts.  Mine, the administrator I can log onto the family's standard acct, with no password fails on logon.

Error Message is as follows:  Group Policy Client service failed the logon.  Access Denied.

I created another admin acct to test and it works fine. 

Now to the other problems...

IE will not start, click the icon, it turns into the busy icon for a flash and then stops.  Checking Task Manager, IE is not listed.

I think as a result of the IE problem, Eudora freezes when I click a link, the puts up the message "The action cannot be completed because the other program is busy."  Then 2 radio buttons appear with Switch to   and  Retry.  Selecting switch to, opens the start menu toolbar but nothing is highlighted.

Also Nero 12 will not start at all.  Get the prompt "check online for solution then close program" or just close program.

I believe they (Eudora & Nero) use IE or parts of IE to operate.

Last problem maybe also related to IE is my network.  I have a NAS device attached and the network only sees it as a media device where prior to this incident it was a fully accessible storage array.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer

Tim

Edited by hamluis, 22 October 2013 - 10:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

Click on the Start orb, type services.msc in the Search programs and files box and press Enter.

Scroll down the Services to Group Policy Client and make sure that it is set to automatic, and is started.

Edited by dc3, 17 October 2013 - 11:31 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 RKramden

RKramden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

Arachi,  It is set for automatic and started for my main acct but will not start for the family acct.  That's really the least of my worries, my main problem is the other programs that seem to rely on IE to run.  

Thanks for the help

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

If the family account doesn't have administrator rights give it to it and see what the Group Policy Client settings are.  If they are not the same as your account reset them.

These are related, I don't think this is the least of your worries.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 RKramden

RKramden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

OK, changed the acct.  Still cannot get on to it.  I do see something flash, but it's so quick I can't read it.

then it logs off and goes back to the main log-on screen

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Try creating a new user account and see if this works.

#7 RKramden

RKramden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

already had done that, another admin acct.  Can log into that one.  However the other problems remain

in the sense that IE doesn't work and other programs that seem to rely on IE aren't working or aren't working

correctly.

#8 RKramden

RKramden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Update, re-installed Java hoping that was the issue but no joy.  Tried to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, will not start, error message stating Component ieframe.dll or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users