Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow startup and internet disconnection. Audio PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jimmys69

jimmys69

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

I hope one of the informative members here can help me before I lose hair.

I have a home built W7 Home premium (OEM) with i72600 and MSI 5450, two internal 1TB Barracudas in RAID1. 3 video monitor setup using motherboard card for one, and the MSI for the other two. Program folders and audio to external drive. It is used 'only' for audio production with Cubase. I am connected to internet only for licensing updates and sending file via Yousendit (Hightail). I use another computer for downloading things from others.

I do not have this system setup for automatic updates for obvious reasons. Should I update Windows manually?

Suddenly, it takes way longer to boot Windows, and even after it boots, it takes an extra minute to update the icons on the screen. Actually, all the icons on the Home Screen come up at first, but then they seem to reload. Like something is updating.

Other strange issues happen when I have a Cubase crash, that Task Manager wont even open. Just a black screen.

I have direct connection to switcher directly from modem (Comcast fastest), yet my uploads disconnect via Yousendit. This doesn't happen on the other PC that is connected via that same switcher from the same input.

Any ideas? If there is more information that I could provide to give some insight, I will obviously provide it.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Hell, I would send some payment for an answer. I really do not wish to reinstall allof my software. Last time took me 2 days....

Jimmy

Edited by jimmys69, 16 October 2013 - 04:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users