Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Server Backups Failing on SBS 2008

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Noah0504

Noah0504

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

We have a SBS 2008 server that has had its backups failing for the past week. I've been working on it, but haven't been successful.

The backup is ending right before the last bit of data is backed up -- it looks like only 30-40 GB is left of a almost 700GB backup. The error I get is "Incorrect Function".

From the searches I've already done, the common fix for what seems to be the same or very closely related issue is to shrink and expand the volume that is unable to backup.  I'm only able to shrink about 4GB of the volume, and that doesn't seem to have helped.  I haven't been able to run a CHKDSK on the server yet (end users make things hard).

Does anyone have any ideas on a few things I could try in the meantime before I'm able to try seeing what CHKDSK can do?

Thank you in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users